The 2box module has become popular among e-drummers, mostly for its real samples and open-source approach with many sample layers. And while the module is compatible with triggers from other manufacturers, users have largely been restricted to 2box’s proprietary hi-hat controller. The first product from Zourman.com(formally called 42Box) will enable 2box owners to use existing non-2box hi-hats – particularly the popular Roland range. Our hi-hat conversion kit combines the best of both worlds: use the Roland FD-7, FD-8, FD-9 or VH-11, VH-12 and now VH-13 hi-hats together with the 2box module.
In January 2018 we launched a 3 zones ride conversion module for 2box Drumit Five and Roland CY-13R and CY-15R.
March 2018 we launched a hi-hat conversion module for the legendary ddrum4 se module (Almost 18 years old!!!) and to able to use it with Roland FD-8/VH-11 hi-hats.
We are a small startup company consisting of one e-drum enthusiast (known as ANGR77/Zourman on e-drum forums) and his extremely talented father (electronics designer and inventor) Together we have started to outline the Zourman.com company. (Which was originally called 42Box)
On my list of e-drum activities and inventions so far:
- e-cajon (2 years ahead of Rolands EL-Cajon) See the article in digitalDrummer!
- Great supporter of the MegaDrum TMI
- Beta tester of Addictive Drums 2.0
- Complete Guide of MegaDRUM settings in found in MD ROM and the guy behind the included settings found native in Addictive Drums 2.0 for MegaDRUM.
- An article in digitalDrummer about the factory sounds found in the 2Box and the nice work of Big Jambo Studios – Behind the 2Box sounds (see page 44-45)
- Beta tester of 2Box 1.3 firmware
- A great review in digitalDrummer May Edition 2016 of the 42Box hi-hat kit – Now called Zourman Drums hi-hat kit! See the whole article on page 36.
- A revisit in digitalDrummer august edition 2017 – See the whole article here
- Launch of a sample package for 2box (December-2017) – See the info here
- Launch of a 3 zones ride conversion module for 2box Drumit Five. (January 2018}
- A great review of the 3 zone ride conversion module in digitalDrummer – March monthly edition. Even ATV’s 18″ Ride seems to work fantastic!
- Beta tester of 2box 1.32 firmware for DrumIt Five
- Launched a conversion module for ddrum 4se and Roland VH-11 (March 2018)
- Created & authorized a 3 zone snare for 2Box DrumIt Three factory KIT library, a special version of the 1920s Black Beauty snare. (Found as ZD BB Dow Dry RSC.dsdn in the “Three”) See page 15 in 2box Quick Start Guide for 2box DrumIt Three
- New conversion module supporting ATV’s Hi-hat for DrumIt Five & Three (May 2018)
- Launched a training video for 2box Drumit Three & Roland VH-11. (July 2018)
- Hosted digitalDrummer Magazines visit to Sweden were meetings with 2box, XLN Audio and some more occured (June 2018 – article in the august edition of digitalDrummer)
- Updated the 2box DrumIt Three compabilty list for 2box AB. (March 2019)
- Visits the UK Drum Show 2019 with DigitalDrummer Magazine and Jobeky (September 2019)
- Introduced new snare samples from 101Drums (Oct-2019)
- Involved in testing and work with new samples for 2box DrumIt Five MKII. (Moving them to *.dsnd file format – Dec-2019)
- Updated all Zourman studio samples (V2) to be optimized and fine tuned for all 2box systems. (March 2020)
- Introduced 32 GB SD-card mod-kit for DrumIt Three and Five. (Oct-2020)
- Hints and tricks when 3D printing – article on page 57 in digitalDrummer Magazine
- Introduced 64 GB SD-card mod-kit for DrumIt Three and Five. (Sept-2021)
Big Thanks to:
- We have for the Zourman project got extremely good support by Allan Leibowitz / digitalDrummer.
- The drummer Johan Kullberg at DLX Music for borrowing me some Roland equipment and believe in the invention!
- The incredible Jouni Niemi at Big Jambo Studios for great support (Knivsta Rules!)
- Bengt Lilja at 2Box
- mr Deve Loper for nice and encouraging mails!
- Colin Ackroyd at Jobeky Drums
- Stephen Yeager at Electronic Drum Center
- Marcus Berger/Konrad Muller at Drum-tec
- Denis at Lustark Software for making software tools to manage 2box DrumIt five modules.
- Lars at XLN Audio for great products!
- all customers!
- All e-drum people on the forums (V-drums and 2box forum) and e-drum companies out there!
Address: Zourman Drums, Anders Grönlund, Bergendalsvägen 21, 741 90 Knivsta, Sweden
Anders Gronlund / Zourman.com