32GB Card Mod Kit including a 2box 32GB SD Card (delivered and approved by 2box) + 50 cm SD extender cable for DIY modification.
To find a working SD card for the 2box module can be a bit tricky – and have been discussed on the forums for decades. Both access time and internal memory setup determines if a card work or not. It is not fun when you after some hours of drumming realize and get sound hiccups. 🙁 The SD Card memory is essential to the function of 2box as it reads samples directly (no load time) and uses the SD card as RAM memory.
What can then be better than get an approved SD Card from 2box?
Zourman Drums have been able to source 32GB cards directly from 2box, (the same card used in the DrumIt Five MKII), which secures the right function and a smooth plug-play operation. Together with the SD Extension cable – you can make both your DrumIt Three and old DrumIt Five MKI to a dream machine with all of ýour favorite sounds! Just Plug and Play! (Note: because of copyrights – the cards are delivered empty – see below how to fill them.
The cards have all been tested before delivery.
Doing the mod can also be a bit challenging – But with the links to the unofficial 2box forum with knowledge how to do the mod – the process is pretty smooth:
Zourman Drums best links to create your best 32GB of 2box sounds:
- Download the latest OS/Image/Content from 2box.
- Checkout and download more sounds from the 2box library of sounds.
- Checkout and download the eNerds 2box kits – (And please send some bucks for a great job)
- Checkout and buy some Zourmans snare samples. (Some lighter versions are included in the 2box OS/Image as examples)
- Move your best VST kits from leading vendors of drums samples to 2box DSND format (SD3, AD2, Steven Slate etc ) using Lustark SDSE tool.
- Create your own samples using the great 2box editor
- Pull together and create your best kits from all the sounds above using Lustarks DrumIt Manager!
- The mod is done on your own risk!
- Don’t use the USB connection, if using SD cards larger than 4GB – the content on the card will be erased immediately when attaching the USB cable to a computer.
- Please be sure your module is running Boot Loader 1.30 or later, the earlier 1.10 boot loader may not be compatible. (Auto updated with newer OS from 2box)
- The SD extender cable is labelled 16GB – but works fine for larger memory amounts.
- The 2box image/software/content must be downloaded directly from 2box. (Not included or installed for not violating any copyrights)
- If you want to copy content from an old card including 2box settings – Make a backup first! – The copy the OS (DrumItOS*.bin and globalconfig.dcfg) from your DrumIt 3 to the 32 GB card.
- This product has limited support from Zourman Drums. (Best efforts)